21 New Year's Resolutions for the Change Agent
It's become somewhat of a tradition to publish our list of New Year's Resolutions around this time of the year. If you want to see what we've done in the past years, do check the New Year's Resolutions for the PO or the New Year's Resolutions for the SM!
This year, let's have a look at 21 New Years Resolutions for the Change Agent!
- Stop trying to change people.
- Slow down to speed up.
- Find the Lone Nut. And turn them into leaders.
- Or be the Lone Nut. No doubt your First Follower will manifest themself soon.
- Run small experiments with short feedback cycles.
- Visualise. And then visualise some more.
- Make it easier to give feedback. Even easier than that. Still easier... Easierrr...
- Use change canvases and update them iteratively.
- Create your own change canvas. Because sometimes you need a tweaked one.
- Get inspired so you can inspire others.
- Track experiments in a celebration grid.
- Create alignment for change through storytelling.
- Find the (small) success stories, publish them.
- Be creative in visualising progress. Make it stand out.
- Don't be afraid to challenge the status quo.
- Get management in for Q&A.
- Facilitate the creation of Communities of Practice.
- Identify the things you don't need to change.
- Try an Accountability Box.
- Measure only what affects you or the change, nothing else.
- Start with yourself.
Oh and what's this? *Drumroll* *Ping*! Bonus advice!
Attend a Certified Lean Change Management training, and discover some more hands-on tools to experiment with on your journey through change.