PO best practices - enrich your backlog with multiple views (2h online training)
You're a SCRUM Product Owner (PO)?
Then you know that the backlog is paramount in making transparent all work to be done on the product to the various stakeholders. Product owners typically represent the backlog as a list of items, ordered according to their priority.
However, in practice we often found that a single backlog representation is suboptimal or in some cases even inadequate to support each and every conversation a backlog is used in. As the product owner uses the backlog to answer a variety of questions of various stakeholders, it typically helps a lot to represent the backlog in a way that facilitates the conversation and matches the vocabulary the stakeholder is familiar with.
As an example, consider the following 2 views on a product backlog.
Example 1: product investment view
- Main characteristics: this view represents the backlog as a list of backlog items each with an estimated cost. In addition, the total cost for all backlog items or for a particular subset of backlog items might be useful. This view can be useful in communication with financial stakeholders who want to know the estimated financial investment still needed for the product.
Example 2: refinement scheduling view
- Main characteristics: this view represents the backlog as a list of backlog items, each with a projected date that indicates when this item is expected to be refined. This view can be useful in communication with stakeholders involved in product backlog refinement to make sure that it is clear when product backlog items are to be refined, in order for the right stakeholders to be present at the product backlog refinement session.
In this online training, you can interact with the trainer(s) live and you learn everything you need to know in order to identify, design and use multiple views on your product backlog that are customised for your situation. As a product owner, this will help you to communicate more effectively to your stakeholders.
- You are at least familiar with the SCRUM framework and in particular with the product owner role and responsibilities.
- This training is most valuable to you if you have experience as a product owner.
Full year PO training package for 795 euro
- Participate in interactive, online trainings on Product Owner best practices for a full year
- Every 2 months a new training is scheduled
- (please mention "full-year training package" as message when registering)