Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
Professional Scrum Master is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and for anyone coaching a software development team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness. The course includes advanced thinking for host-leadership and behavioral shifts.
Scrum.org selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver this course.
Scrum.org maintains the defined curriculum and materials to assure consistency and quality for students worldwide.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Running a Scrum project
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of the Scrum Master
- Students are challenged to think within the Scrum Framework and the underlying values and principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace and facing complex decisions.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Students can act as a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams as well as stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of host-leadership.
- Students are effectively be able to start up Scrum or increase its effectiveness if already underway.
The training may be interesting to all involved in software development upon the Scrum framework, but has been specifically conceived for those responsible for the successful use and/or rollout of Scrum.
Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises. This course will be taught in English.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment.
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application.
- Have read one of the Scrum books of Ken Schwaber or the book “Scrum – A Pocket Guide” by Gunther Verheyen.
Assessment and Certification
- The Professional Scrum Master course has two associated credentials : Professional Scrum Master level I (PSM I) and Professional Scrum Master level II (PSM II).
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course receive a password to take the PSM I assessment and are entitled to a discount on the PSM II assessment.
- These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains public lists of all PSM I certificate holders and PSM II certificate holders.
- Microsoft® uses the PSM I assessment to validate knowledge as part of its Silver and Gold Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) competencies.
Also participating (4)Ivo Eersels