You’ve been facilitating both small and large groups for a while now. In-person events or even online stuff. But every once in a while, even with the vast internet providing you with loads of inspiration for workshop techniques to use in different circumstances, a specific situation just doesn’t match to any of the techniques out there!
And some of us wonder what might happen if we started to experiment with the already existing stuff – what might happen if we started to redesign existing recipes and design new techniques.
My Game Design Master Class teaches the “secret ingredients” of serious, collaborative game design through the use of the Collaborative Game Design Canvas™, a structured canvas that enables you to deconstruct existing games, extend them, and create new ones.
After taking this class you will be able to create online and in-person collaboration frameworks to tackle complex business problems in strategy, competitive positioning, marketing and product development.
How We Roll (or Play!)
The one-day class is fast-paced and team-oriented. After instruction in game theory and design strategy, participants will theory into practice, first using the Collaborative Game Design Canvas™ to analyze an existing game and then using it to design their own games. Wear comfortable clothing, because you're going to be working in small teams!
What You Will Learn
- Game theory - What "Is" a Game, after all?
- Structure / Components of Serious/ Collaborative Games
- The Collaborative Game Design Canvas™, a powerful new canvas for designing games.
- Design strategies and proven processes for game adaptation and creation.
- How to determine game mode (online, in-person, hybrid).
- Online & in-person facilitation strategies.
Who Should Attend
- Facilitators, of course.
- All members of Agile teams with a focus on product planning, product development and product management.
- Anyone who wishes to create more innovative product and service offerings.
- Anyone who has already taken the Innovation Games for Customer Understanding or Innovation Games for Agile Teams classes and would like to design their own collaboration frameworks.
Prerequisites & Materials
Although not strictly required, it is helpful if participants have read the book Innovation Games®: Creating Breakthrough Products Through Collaborative Play before the course (or have followed the Innovation Games 2-day training) or can demonstrate some experience in facilitation.
Course slides and a cornucopia that will stimulate your thinking and help you apply the materials.
And after class we'll send you more awesome stuff!
What do you get?
Our two-day Innovation Games Masterclass earns participants 60 experience credits in the Certified Collaboration Architect program. For more details on the program click here.
You also receive a 1-year team lite account to the Conteneo Weave® platform with 10 guest passes to get you going on the online tool for distributed facilitation of your team.
And of course, the most valuable thing of all: your own stash of freshly created game techniques.
Attendees love Conteneo Workshops!
"Practical, fun and inspiring! This course really make a difference for me and for my company."
"Getting actionable customer feedback was a problem. This workshop gave me the tools I needed to finally know what to build and why."
"Our portfolio management process was ineffective at best. Learning how to engage stakeholders and gain alignment around corporate objectives and project goals has been incredibly impactful. So glad we decided to do this."